Congratulations to David Vera on his NABCEP Certification!
NABCEP Certification is the ultimate validation of experience and knowledge in the growing solar industry. It’s important to note that the NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification belongs to the person that earned the certification, not to the company that employs the person. Good Energy Solutions encourages our employees to take the test for their personal knowledge and benefit and we are fortunate that they choose to continue to work with Good Energy Solutions.
“I’m really thrilled to have completed my NABCEP PV Professional accreditation,” said David Vera. “I see it not as the culmination of my solar development, but rather as an important step for me. It will allow me to continue to grow within solar, as well as represent the industry professionally,” Vera added.
Good Energy Solutions is fortunate to employ 5 NABCEP PV Installation Professionals including David Vera, Michael Lee, Justin Palmer, Justin Browning, and Kevin Good.
Editors Note: This post was originally published Nov 26, 2014, was revised June 15, 2017 and most recently updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness November 30, 2017.
Congratulations to Mike Lee on his NABCEP Certification!
“I’m grateful to everyone who helped me along my journey to get this far,” said Mike Lee. “The training and the examination aren’t easy, so I’m happy to have accomplished this goal. From here, I plan to keep learning and riding the Solar coaster as long as possible.”
“One thing you can be assured of when hiring a NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional is that your project won’t be their first,” said Richard Lawrence, Executive Director of NABCEP. “Anyone who makes the considerable effort required to earn NABCEP certification has documented their training and experience as part of the eligibility process. They have also made a very real commitment to upholding high standards of ethical and professional practice. I am delighted to welcome Michael Lee of Good Energy Solutions to the ranks of the industry’s leading solar professionals.”
Editors Note: This post was originally published Nov 26, 2014 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
What is a NABCEP Certification?
It is a “voluntary certification that provides a set of national standards by which PV Installation Professionals with skills and experience can distinguish themselves from their competition.” Simply, those that receive this certification are distinguished individuals in the solar industry that hold a level of outstanding competency in PV Installation. The consumer can rest assured in knowing that their PV installation is done correctly because their installer has passed North America’s only renewable energy personnel certification. Accredited by the American National Standards Institute to the Internationally recognized ISO/IEC (International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission) 17024 standard. See the NABCEP Benefits Flyer for a quick visual to see how NABCEP Certifications help the solar customer and the solar industry.
How does a PV Installer become NABCEP Certified? Not easily, that’s why in the solar industry it’s considered prestigious. All candidates must:
- have a minimum of 58 hours of advanced PV training; including advanced solar PV installation and design principles and practices. A minimum of forty(40) of the fifty eight (58) hours must cover advanced solar PV installation and design principles and practices addressed in the NABCEP PV Installer Job Task Analysis.
- A maximum of eighteen (18) of the fifty-eight (58) prescribed hours may be obtained from non-accredited, non-certified sources such as courses covering building and electrical codes relevant to the installation of solar PV systems.
- have an OSHA 10 hour construction industry card or equivalent,
- have experience in the field acting as the person responsible for installing 3-5 PV systems. They must act in the role of contractor, lead installer, foreman, supervisor, or journeyman. Candidates must provide documentation of system information, permits and inspections for each project installed.
- demonstrate that they posses the skills and knowledge that their peers and experts have deemed necessary to do the job well during a Job Task Analysis. The JTA is the core document of the NABCEP Solar PV Installation Certification.
- Apply and be accepted to take the NABCEP exam, and pass.
Consumers who choose NABCEP Certified PV Installers are assured greater peace of mind because they can be confident that their installer has been trained, tested and has agreed to conform to a comprehensive set of demanding professional standards. NABCEP certified installers are required to install solar systems that meet the performance and reliability needs of customers in the United States and Canada by providing quality craftsmanship and complying with all applicable codes and standards. For more information please visit: www.nabcep.org
We are proud to have David, Mike, Justin, Justin, and Kevin as a part of our team at Good Energy Solutions. Congratulations, well done!