SolarCareer Opportunities at Good Energy Solutions
Are you interested in working for a team committed to building a better, greener future? Do you want your efforts to benefit the whole world in which you live?
We are Good Energy Solutions, and our motto is “Energy with Integrity.” We’re an award-winning solar energy company committed to providing the best solar equipment and experience to our customers. Our employees are offered specialized training, education, and support to achieve their goals as well as maintain company expertise in the ever-developing renewable energy industry. Read more about Good Energy Solutions and our staff.
We are looking to fill several positions as the solar industry is rapidly expanding. Most positions include the opportunity for flexibility in job description. Please provide cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. When current positions are filled, we will keep your information for future opportunities.
We are currently looking to hire:
- Solar Electrician / Apprentice, Solar Services Division
- Master Electrician, Electrical Services Division
The following positions are currently filled but please send us your information and we will keep it for future opportunities.
Solar Electrician / Apprentice
The Solar Electrician is responsible for performing the interconnection of solar PV systems to the grid and or main distribution panels in residential and commercial applications. The position will also assist with the installation of DC raceways and wiring, PV racking, and PV modules when needed. The role will also require that the individual supervise and train PV installers on proper installation of electrical equipment including raceways, wire, inverters, disconnects, taps, and back-fed breakers. Experience with 120/240, 120/208, and 277/480 voltage systems is required, as is attention to detail, working knowledge of the NEC, and strong work ethic.
Department: Solar PV Operations
Reports to: Manager of Operations
Responsibilities: Install PV inverters, split and three-phase, PV inverter output aggregate panels, utility PV generation meter sockets, point of interconnection equipment, and all associated raceways, labels, and wiring.
- Supervise and work with solar installers as needed.
- Operate power equipment such as trenchers and mini-excavators
- Communicate with utility personnel for outage procedures, as well as AHJ’s for inspections.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions in which work can safely be performed on roofs, in attics, basements, crawlspaces, and fields.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting as needed during installation of solar PV and electrical equipment.
- High-School Degree or Equivalent, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Clean driving record and ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Master or Journeyman Electrician qualification KS/MO preferred but not required
- $15-26/hr DOE
- Company vehicle
- Company cellphone for taking photos and videos in the field, uploading them to company files, as well as other company communications
Good Energy Solutions is seeking a Master Electrician to help further the mission of the company. Our goal is to provide customers with honest, real solutions to reduce their fossil fuel consumption and lower their long term energy costs. The Master Electrician plays a key role in helping further this mission by ensuring quality and code compliance of solar installations.
-Review and quality check all plan sets and CAD drawings of solar and electrical systems
-Ensure that systems are installed according to NEC Code and OSHA standards are being upheld on job sites
-Coordinate with Sales and Operations to ensure proper job pre-planning and preparation
-Work with Procurement Specialist to ensure proper materials are being ordered and used on site
-Train solar electricians and installers regarding best practices for safety and installation of electrical equipment.
This individual must hold a Master Electrician’s license, and be willing to get licensed wherever Good Energy Solutions operates.
Please feel free to reach out with any inquiries regarding the job.
- $50,000 to $80,000 Annually
- 401K, Medical
Please free to reach out with any inquiries regarding the job.
ll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.